1. Picture-in-picture lets users manage two tasks simultaneously on any screen.
2. Autofill framework simplifies how users set up a new device and synchronize their passwords. Apps using form data can optimize their apps for Autofill.
3. System optimizations, a new concurrent compacting garbage collection, code locality, and more.
4. Background limits boundaries prevent unintentional overuse of battery and memory and apply to all apps.
5. Use autosizing TextView to automatically fill a TextView with text, regardless of the amount.
6. Fonts are resource type. Use fonts in XML layouts and define font families in XML
7. Get limitless emojis. Old emojis scrapped.
8. You can now create adaptive icons that the system displays in different shapes.
9. Enabled WebView multiprocess mode by default and added an API to let your app handle errors and crashes. You can also verify URLs through Google Safe Browsing.
10. Android now supports several new Java Language APIs, including the new java.time API. In addition, with improvements of up to 2x on some application benchmarks.